Closed loop couplers:
- Fit Trailer Cuff around the neck of the tow ball and insert the padlock.
- Feed the chain through the closed loop of the trailer coupler and lock the padlock through the chain link that provides the closest fit.
- We recommend that you shorten the chain so that the padlock locks through the last chain link.
Fitting it with the Trailer Cuff ball
- Click the Trailer Cuff ball into the trailer coupler to secure the trailer when it is parked somewhere on its own,
- Lock it into place with the Trailer Cuff as per the instructions above.
- Remember, if you can slip it off, somebody else will be able to do so too.
Do's and don’ts:
- Test that the Trailer Cuff is able to move freely on the tow ball with the chain locked tightly enough so that the trailer coupler is not able to dislodge from the tow ball.
- Do ensure that there are no kinks in the chain before you lock it with the padlock.
- Do always test how tightly Trailer Cuff fits after securing it. If it is not tight enough, adjust your locking configuration so that it fits tight enough to be secure. As a security system, it will only work if it has been fitted correctly by the end user. If you can slip it off, somebody else will be able to do so too.
Please watch our User Tips video in the video section for more information.